Two weeks in Crete on a last-minute deal: from Chania and Rethymon to Iraklio, Chersonisos and Siteia, we packed it all in those 14 days!
Day [N/A] : July 2003 : Crete
Things to See and Do in Crete
OK, so this is hardly impartial. When it says 'things to see and do', it's more like 'things we saw and did'. But it can at least give you some ideas. Here are a few shortcuts to the things we did and saw in Crete that you might also like to try:
- Visit the capital, Iraklio
- Enjoy Agios Nikolaos' natural beauty
- Take a cruise to Santorini, the beautiful Greek island reknowned for its volcanic history
- Visit the ruins (and re-created structures) of Knossos Palace
- Trek the Samaria Gorge and enjoy a cool drink afterwards!
- Take in a night of traditional Cretan and Greek dancing
- Go west to the pretty harbour town of Chania and have a great meal by the water
- Take a stunning coastal drive through Tholos, Siteia and Mochlos
- Go diving in Crete's clear waters, or just stick with the snorkelling
- Find a pub and watch the latest big cinema hits on a shonky pirated DVD or VCD!